Guess what! This blog was nominated for a Liebster Award! I was nominated by Megan from Inside the Invisible World a few weeks ago. I know she probably thought I forgot 🙂 I was waiting for this site to launch!
You can search Google for details about this award, but it is pretty much a really cool way for a blogger to let another blogger know (and our readers) how awesome you are. If I may borrow Megan’s words for a minute, apparently liebster is German for favorite, so this is an award that says “this blog is my favorite!” So…thanks, Megan! I am honored. Megan is a very talented writer. I can only write like she does in my dreams–and even then I’m not as good 🙂
The Liebster award has some chain letterish, pay-it-forward type stipulations except only good can come from it! So, here are the rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
SO…while I am honored to be nominated, I am dreading choosing nominees! I am no good at choosing a favorite anything. I have exactly four favorites: favorite color, favorite music artist, favorite TV show, and favorite food. Everything else I waffle between several things. But, this involves me choosing between people, and that is something I really hate doing, but…the show must go on. I don’t follow many blogs, and a lot of the ones I’m following right now just happen to be other writers of Sims literature. And, because I always make things harder than they should be (lol), I’m only going to choose five! Here are my nominees!
Whew! I have a wilty flower moodlet now. Anyway, here are Megan’s questions that I have answered. They will be followed by my questions to you…if you choose to accept this mission!
1. If you could be any author (dead or alive) who would it be?
Not sure. For now I’ll pick Jodi Picoult. I like her style.
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I originally began blogging back in 2006. I was a lot more shy than I am now, and my goal was to get used to people reading what I write. I began this particular blog to keep myself entertained and motivated while conducting the legacy challenge.
3. When you’re not blogging, what fills your time (fun or not)?
Ehhhh…ever since starting this blog…I’ve done nothing but blog lol. So, I guess I’d say when I’m not blogging I’m playing The Sims 4.
4. If you were famous, what would you want to be known for (e.g., musician, actor, author)?
Definitely an author.
5. Do you prefer standalone books or book series?
I’ve actually never read a book series before. Well, when I was younger I read a few of the Ramona books, but that probably doesn’t count lol.
6. What’s the longest book series you’ve ever read?
7. Do you like writing in complete silence or with music? If you listen to music, what kind?
Complete silence! Can’t hear my thoughts (or my character’s voices) with the music on.
8. If you could invite any character from a book to your house, who would it be?
Not sure! I don’t read as much as I should…and I’m writing this too late at night lol. I’d invite Katniss from The Hunger Games 🙂 Maybe she would throw in an archery lesson or two!
9. What was your favorite book as a child?
As a small child, I enjoyed The Berenstain’s B Book. I had it memorized. I still remember quite a bit of it. As an older child, I loved Just as Long As We’re Together by Judy Blume. I read it twice…in the same summer!
10. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
This is one of those favorites where I don’t exactly know what I like, but I know what I don’t like. I like a book that grabs me from the first page and is so stunning, I can see what’s going on in my head as I read. I call it watching a movie while I read.
11. If you could step into any fictional world, which one would it be (e.g., Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts)?
Hmmmm…Narnia…or, Middle Earth? Middle Earth, or Narnia? Narnia…Middle Earth….Narnia? 🙂
Here are my questions! (Gonna take some of yours, Megan!) Can’t wait to see everyone’s answers:
1. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Can you write with music on?
3. How/why did you begin blogging?
4. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
5. Describe your dream vacation.
6. So…you’re a famous author now. What’s your life like? (e.g. Do you write all day? How do you spend your time?)
7. Mac or Windows?
8. Summer or Winter?
9. What is your least favorite household chore?
10. If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would you be?
11. Does it bother you that there are 11 questions and not 10?? 🙂